PhD Studentships Aspetar/ADL Qatar, Doha, Qatar
- Mohamed-Ali V (Principal Supervisor) 2 students
Dunhill Medical Trust Serendipity Award
- Budhram-Mahadeo V, Baterham RL & Mohamed-Ali V.
Investigating a novel regulator which controls glucose
uptake and weight gain and its link to type II diabetes in Caucasians.
Funded Grant with HMC
- Mohamed-Ali V ( Principal Supervisor ) with The LPI : Professor Abdul Badi AbuSamra from HMC
Molecular Basis of Skeletal Muscle Resistance to Insulin in the Offspring
of Type 2 Diabetic Qatari Parents.
NPRP No.:7 – 461 – 3 – 117
Qatar National Research Fund: NPRP Grants
- Protein Engineering of Glucarpidase to Improve Cancer Therapy Strategies: New synthesis of novel bioactive class of natural products.
- Mast cell proteases as key clinical markers in allergic disease.
- United Therapeutic Corporation grant.
“Role of non IP receptor-dependent mechanisms in prostacyclin analogue responses” 2010
- Qatar National Research Fund: NPRP Grant
NPRP 6 – 235 – 1 – 048
The role of preadipocyte differentiation in site-specific adipocyte
dysfunction and development of obesity-induced insulin resistance.
- NPRP 7 – 272 – 1 – 041
Super athletes: Genes and Sweat
Dr. Costas Georgakopoulos
- Qatar National Research Fund: NPRP Grants
Gas and liquid chromatographic high resolution full scan mass
spectrometry screening of sports doping substances combined with
high sensitivity confirmatory methodology in the human urine.
- Antidoping Screening Analysis in Animal Sports by Quantitative
Structure Retention Relationships and Mass Spectrometry Libraries.